Sports Massage Therapy
Sports massage is a form of massage involving the manipulation of soft tissue to benefit a person engaged in regular physical activity.
Sports massage is a very useful tool for recovery in between competition and training sessions and may decrease pain associated to exercise. It aims at increasing blood flow in the area of soreness, reducing muscle tightness, facilitating joint movements and increasing relaxation.
Benefits of Sports Massage are:
- Reduction in muscle stiffness, pain and fatigue
- Increase in flexibility and range of movement
- Improved balance between muscles
- Greater postural awareness
- Improve the speed and quality of soft tissue repair
Effects of Sports Massage are:
- Stimulates circulation
- Decongests the tissues and improves tissue drainage
- Removes metabolic waste
- Increases the uptake of oxygen and nutrients to the tissue cells
- Increases the rate of tissue repair by improving soft tissue mobility and formation of collagen